Poggio Al Sole 2010

After drinking more Chianti’s than I can count on my one week visit to Tuscany, I developed a solid understanding of the Sangiovese grape and what it was capable of. And the Poggio Al Sole 2010 is, in my opinion, one of the best representations of the potential of the Sangiovese grape when expertly handled.

The DOCG stipulates that a winery must have at least 80% Sangiovese grapes and aged for 1 year for it to be sold and classified as a Chianti Classico, and I’ve tried many Chianti Classico’s from wineries that will blend the remaining 20% with either local grape varieties or the more commonly known Merlot’s / Cabernet Sauvignon.

The Poggio Al Sole 2010, however, is made purely from 100% Sangiovese grapes. The grapes grapes themselves are grown on eighteen contiguous hectares of sloping schistose-clay vineyards that are among the highest in Chianti, and perfectly sheltered from the Tramontane (north wind) by the surrounding oak forest. After fermentation, it is aged in used oak barrels for 14 months and (at the current time of writing / drinking) has been further evolving in bottle for two years.


To know davidfraymusic.com purchase viagra online more about erectile dysfunction, you should talk to an experienced doctor. Having basic computer skills can buying tadalafil online make people better at their jobs and also more attractive to employers. Once it is active the erection will cheap viagra take place in 2016. Kamagra help have strong http://davidfraymusic.com/project/read-davids-interview-with-neue-oz/ order generic viagra and long-lasting erections.
View: Dark Ruby Red
Nose: Ripe black cherries, cherry jam and brambly balsamic undertones
Taste: Very dry, long and firm with tight tannins and a return of the fruit and lovely balance and naturalness in the finish.

This wine is such a joy to drink and one that I will definitely come back to. According to the Poggio Al Sole website, they have a retailer in London so I’ll definitely be visiting their shop soon after I get back.

Scroll to Top